What is Enhanced Surgical Recovery?
Menorah Medical Center practices Enhanced Surgical Recovery - also known as ESR. Enhanced Surgical Recovery is a proven, research-based partnership in which you have the ability to take a more active role with your clinical care team and help improve your own patient experience and surgical outcomes.
Benefits of ESR
- Eat sooner after surgery
- Shorten hospital stay
- Reduction of nausea
- Faster recovery
- Appropriate management of pain
What Do You Need to Do?
Before Your Surgery
- Understand pain management and mobility by discussing it thoroughly with your clinical care team
- Set realistic goals with your clinical care team
- Stay well hydrated in the days before your surgery. Follow your physicians directions for the day before your procedure
After Your Surgery
- Move, stand and walk around as much as possible after your surgery
- Communicate your level of pain to the clinical care team on a regular basis
- Revisit your goals with the clinical care team to ensure surgical recovery success