A breast cancer diagnosis can be quite a shock, but you are not alone. The experts at the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute at Menorah Medical Center can help. We offer local access to a full range of cancer services that use the most advanced therapies and treatments to bring you top cancer care in the comfort of your community hospital.
Your health is our top priority. Our team of experts includes experienced and highly trained medical oncologists, surgeons, radiation oncologists, and a diagnostic radiologist fellowship-trained in breast imaging. These specialists work together to provide comprehensive, patient-centered breast care.
Our patient navigators are oncology-trained nurses who will help guide you through your cancer journey from diagnosis through recovery.
Technologies & Treatment
There is no “one size fits all” treatment for breast cancer. You are unique and so is your cancer. At Sarah Cannon at Menorah Medical Center we offer tumor profiling and genetic counseling to tailor your treatment specifically to your cancer type based on your genetic makeup.
Our comprehensive treatment options include:
- Chemotherapy – medications to shrink or destroy breast cancer cells
- Scalp-cooling treatment – technology designed to work with a woman’s chemotherapy to help prevent hair loss
- Lymphedema treatment – process of removing excess fluid that has gathered in the body’s tissues causing swelling
- Radiation oncology – beams of high-energy radiation to kill cancer cells
- Mammosite – outpatient radiation therapy for women who had a lumpectomy
If your treatment requires surgery, you can be confident you’ll receive the best cancer care available. We are the area’s leader in advanced surgical options, including:
- Lumpectomy – removal of a portion of breast tissue
- Mastectomy – surgery done to remove breast tissue
- Plastic and reconstructive surgery
- daVinci® surgical robot – provides greater control in hard-to-reach areas with fewer side effects and reduced pain
Menorah Medical Center is the only facility in the greater Kansas City area to offer CyberKnife® stereotactic radiosurgery, which can destroy harmful tumors without surgery or anesthesia and few, if any, side effects.
Clinical Research Trials
You have access to the latest breast cancer therapies and treatments through our clinical research program. Offered through the Sarah Cannon Research Institute HCA Midwest Health, our research program provides greater availability to the latest treatments and therapies, which may help put you on the path to recovery.
We understand that a breast cancer diagnosis touches every aspect of your life. We offer a variety of wellness programs that focus on emotional wellbeing in addition to physical healing.
Resources and Support
You do not have to go through your breast cancer journey alone. A wide variety of support programs and resources are available, including educational programs, nutritional guidance and support counseling. All are focused on getting you the resources you need whether you’re going through diagnosis, treatment or recovery.