Ask your doctor about appropriate bone and joint therapy if:
- Your ability to work or enjoy hobbies is hindered
- Pain limits your activities
- Your pain persists even when the joint is at rest, making sleep difficult
- You have undergone non-surgical treatments, such as medications and physical therapy, and are still experiencing substantial pain
- Your pain is so severe that you avoid using the afflicted joints
- You reach a point where your life seems to revolve around your pain
Together, you and your physician can weigh the benefits of different orthopedic treatment options.