Menorah Medical center is home to the epilepsy center at Menorah. the center is staffed by a highly qualified and compassionate team, offering extensive evaluation and treatment options for adults and children (ages four and older) with epilepsy and seizure disorders.
The Epilepsy Center at Menorah Highlights
- Specialized neurology care with all studies interpreted by an epileptologist, a neurologist with advanced epilepsy and EEG training.
- Highly experienced EEG technicians, including a registered EEG technologist.
- Consultations available from neurosurgery, neuroradiology, psychiatry, counseling, neuropsychological testing, primary care and social work as needed.
- Specialized neuroradiologists interpret brain MRI’s, CT scans and PET scans.
- Inpatient video EEG monitoring unit for adults and children for the characterization and diagnosis of seizures and epilepsy.
- Outpatient video EEG ambulatory studies, a “holter monitor for the brain” that adults and children wear home for 48 to 72 hours to better diagnose spells of altered consciousness and seizures. These studies can be ordered directly by the referring healthcare provider.
J. Michael Seeley, MD
Dr. J. Michael Seeley is a board certified neurologist with fellowship training in clinical neurophysiology and epilepsy from Vanderbilt University Medical center. Dr. Seeley has a specific clinical focus on treating epilepsy and works closely with the epilepsy center at Menorah. dr. Seeley has a strong academic and research background. He has served as an instructor of neurology at Albany Medical College and as an instructor of clinical neurophysiology at Vanderbilt Medical center. he is also affiliated with the american academy of neurology, the american epilepsy Society and the american clinical neurophysiology Society.