May 05, 2016
HCA Midwest Health, Kansas City’s leading healthcare provider, announces the launch of a multiplatform pregnancy and parenting app, Childbirth101. Built as a strategy to reach the growing audience of savvy millennial parents-to-be, Childbirth101 also meets the needs of those who are expecting their second child. Not only does the app feed busy, expecting moms and dads with personalized content, including push notifications for appointments, they can also watch videos and animations of their baby at each stage of pregnancy. The app also shows a countdown to the expecting mom’s due date, weekly milestones and offers tips and tools post-delivery, such as breastfeeding and newborn information.
The app, downloadable in users’ app store, offers expecting parents a highly customized user experience, matching relevant content and tools to the user's specific week of pregnancy.
"As the healthcare system that delivers the most babies in the region, we know firsthand that during pregnancy, expecting parents want to consume as much information as they possibly can,” says Kevin Hicks, Chief Executive Officer at Overland Park Regional Medical Center, part of HCA Midwest Health. "We've now taken the most important information and updates from our popular Healthy Arrivals pre-natal classes and customized it into a personal experience on expectant parents’ hand-held devices so they can feel confident they're always up–to-date on news of their baby or babies."
Childbirth101 features include:
- Notifications at the beginning of each week of the pregnancy and other important notifications
- Glances at images of and information on how big baby is (based on mom’s week of pregnancy)
- Countdown to due date and weekly milestones
- Pregnancy videos
- Labor and birth information
- Breastfeeding and newborn care tips
- Appointment tracker, journal, kick counter, weight tracker for mom and baby(ies) and contraction timer
- Birthing packing list, feeding log and immunization log
Childbirth101 is available for free on the app store or by going to menorahmedicalcenter.com/childbirth101.