Do You Know What to Expect During a Mammogram? A mammogram is a screening tool that can help detect early signs of breast cancer, which may allow for more treatment options and improved prognosis. What I can expect during my screening? Find Out What to Expect
About the Leawood Hospital and ER
Menorah Medical Center (MMC), a full-service, acute care hospital and ER located in Overland Park and Leawood. The hospital serves the community’s healthcare needs by providing compassionate care and some of the most advanced treatment options available in the Kansas City region. Menorah has a world-class medical staff with more than 600 physicians who offer exceptional experiences and extraordinary medicine for adults, newborns, teens and children.
- Facts about Menorah Medical Center
- Awards and Recognition
- Hospital History
- About HCA Midwest Health
- Directory for Menorah Medical Center
Menorah received The Joint Commission’s Top Performer on Key Quality Measures® program which recognizes accredited hospitals that attain excellence on accountability measure performance.
The hospital is a leader in cancer care and is home to the Sarah Cannon Cancer Institute:
Hospital and ER Features
- Menorah was the first to introduce the area’s only CyberKnife®. This revolutionary new treatment for destroying harmful tumors does not require surgery or anesthesia and lets the patient go home immediately after treatment with few, if any, side effects.
- Menorah Medical Center’s Breast Center is designated as a Breast Center of Excellence by the American College of Radiology. We are the only hospital in Johnson County to offer both 3D mammography and 3D ultrasound. The hospital is accredited by the National Accreditation Program for Breast Centers and is certified by the Mammography Quality Standards Act.
- The hospital is home to the region’s only Genitourinary Cancer clinic, specializing in Genitourinary Oncology, Genitourinary Malignancies, Urinary Tract Malignancies, Male Genital Malignancies and many other urinary tract conditions.
Menorah’s Bariatric Program is a leader in the region:
- Recognized as a Center of Excellence through The American Society for Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery (ASMBS) Metabolic and Bariatric Surgery Accreditation and Quality Improvement Program (MBSAQIP).
- The program is also recognized by Aetna Institutes of Quality® (IOQ) for consistently delivering evidence-based, quality care for weight loss surgery.
Menorah Medical Center’s Neuroscience Program is comprised of the best physicians in the region who also have access and relationships with seven hospitals and hundreds of specialists in the HCA Midwest Health system.
- Expertise and capabilities to effectively diagnose and treat many neurologic conditions including stroke, multiple sclerosis, movement disorders, epilepsy, migraine, tumors and others.
- The hospital has advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies, and one-of-a-kind resources such as the CyberKnife®, NeuroBlate® System and others.
The Women’s Center at Menorah includes perinatology, obstetrics, neonatology, gynecology, gynecologic oncology, urology and surgery in a boutique setting that gives our patients top quality personal care.
- Our birthing center gives family-focused, comprehensive care that will enhance your birthing experience from conception throughout your pregnancy and care of your newborn.
Menorah Medical Center is home to the da Vinci® for colorectal, ear, nose and throat, head and neck, gynecology, urology and general surgeries. In addition, Menorah was the first in the region with the da Vinci® Xi Surgical Robot, used for colorectal, gynecology and urology procedures. The system is a technological leap forward in replacing large-incision abdominal surgeries (open surgery).
- Menorah’s highly-skilled colorectal surgeons and its state-of-the-art technology make it one of the busiest Colorectal Robotic Surgery Center’s in the region.
- da Vinci Xi Surgical System reduces blood loss, allows for a quicker return to physical functions and a normal diet, along with a shorter hospital stay.
- Minimally invasive approach and offers three-dimensional, high-definition visualization for the surgeon.
- Allows enhanced dexterity and greater precision and control for the surgeon during complex, multi-quadrant surgeries.
Menorah Medical Center offers comprehensive care and a leading-edge approach to the prevention, assessment, treatment and rehabilitation of injuries and disorders of the bones and joints. Our highly trained team of surgeons, nurses, physician assistants, rehabilitation specialists and medical support personnel works with each patient and their primary care physician to develop a treatment plan specifically for each patient.
- Our inpatient rehabilitation facility provides the intensity and level of care you need to overcome the physical and functional challenges you are facing.
- Rehabilitating from a severe injury, condition or illness that is limiting your mobility, speech or quality of life is never easy.
- We’re ranked in the top 20 percent of rehabilitation centers by Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation, the world’s largest database for medical rehabilitation outcomes in the world.