Rehabilitating from a severe injury, condition or illness that is limiting your mobility, speech or quality of life is never easy. If you need 24-hour care and daily therapy, Menorah Medical Center in Overland Park is here for you.
Our inpatient rehabilitation facility provides the intensity and level of care you need to overcome the physical and functional challenges you are facing. We were recently ranked in the top 25 percent of rehabilitation centers by Uniform Data System for Medical Rehabilitation, the world’s largest database for medical rehabilitation outcomes in the world. Compared to the national average among 850 programs, our patients:
- Are discharged at a higher functional level
- Regain function in a shorter amount of time
- Are more likely to return home after being released
We’re fully capable of treating severe injuries, conditions and illnesses, including:
- Other conditions, such as cardiac, pulmonary and debility (weakness)
Since we’re located within an acute care hospital, you’ll have access to other medical specialists, the most advanced diagnostic and treatment technologies, and all the resources of HCA Midwest Health. Our rehab professionals include:
- Physical therapists, specializing in building mobility, strength and endurance
- Occupational therapists, who focus on helping you perform the activities of daily living
- Speech pathologists, to help improve speech, language, communication, voice, swallowing and fluency
As an inpatient rehabilitation facility (IRF), we’re able to provide a higher level of rehabilitation than a skilled nursing facility (SNF) can provide. In fact, our inpatient programs provide each patient with nearly twice as many hours of therapy per week than is provided in an SNF. Unlike an SNF, we provide:
- On-site emergency care
- Rehabilitation led by a rehab physician specialist
- 24-hour care and daily consultation with physicians
- One nurse for every four or five patients, compared to 15 to 20 patients per nurse in SNFs
- At least three hours of therapy a day, or 15 hours over seven days
- A well-rounded, experienced multi-disciplinary team approach
- Outcomes measured against other programs across the U.S
- Admissions from any setting, with no requirement for a previous hospital stay.
- Average length of stay of 12 to 14 days, with more than 75 percent of patients returning to home or to assisted or independent living communities.
For referrals or more information about Menorah Medical Center’s inpatient rehab programs, call (913) 201-5128.