Menorah Medical Center is home to the da Vinci® for colorectal, ear, nose and throat, head and neck, gynecology, urology and general surgeries. In addition, Menorah is the first in the region with the da Vinci® Xi Surgical Robot, used for colorectal, gynecology and urology procedures.
The da Vinci® provides surgeons with greater precision, control and access to hard-to-reach areas, allowing extremely complex operations to be performed through just a few small incisions. The following procedures/conditions are treated with robotics at Menorah Medical Center.
- Colorectal (Colon)
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Sleep Apnea
- Throat Cancer
Smaller Incision. Greater Precision.
da Vinci’s advanced level technology takes surgery beyond the limits of the human hand. It allows patients to have the best possible outcomes and provides access to the latest medical advancements.
An alternative to open surgery
- Significantly less pain; fewer side effects
- Shorter hospital stays
- Reduced risk of infection
- Smaller incisions; less scarring and less blood loss
- Quicker return to normal activities
- In many cases, better outcomes
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
da Vinci® Surgery for Throat Cancer
The da Vinci® TransOral Robotic Surgery (TORS) is perhaps the most effective minimally invasive surgical treatment for diseases of the head and neck available today. The da Vinci® Surgical System allows the surgeon to provide the patient with procedures equivalent to traditional transoral surgery, but with the advantage of 3D, high-definition visualization of the laryngopharyngeal structures, and the precision and dexterity afforded by robotic instrumentation.
If you think you may benefit from da Vinci® surgery, call (913) 498-6652.