Da Vinci® Surgical Robot
Menorah Medical Center is now home to the da Vinci® for ear, nose and throat, head and neck, gynecology, and urology.
The da Vinci® provides surgeons with greater precision, control and access to hard-to-reach areas, allowing extremely complex operations to be performed through just a few small incisions. The following procedures/conditions are treated with robotics at Menorah.
- Kidney Cancer
- Prostate Cancer
- Sleep Apnea
- Throat Cancer
Smaller Incision. Greater Precision.
Da Vinci’s advanced level technology takes surgery beyond the limits of the human hand. It allows Menorah patients to have the best possible outcomes and provides access to the latest medical advancements.
An alternative to open surgery
- Significantly less pain; fewer side effects
- Shorter hospital stays
- Reduced risk of infection
- Smaller incisions; less scarring and less blood loss
- Quicker return to normal activities
- In many cases, better outcomes
- Enhanced 3D, high-definition vision of operative field with up to 10x magnification
- New optional dual console allows second surgeon to provide assistance
- Superior visual clarity of tissue and anatomy
- Surgical dexterity and precision far greater than even the human hand
- Updated and simplified user interface to enhance OR efficiency
- New ergonomic settings for greater surgeon comfort
Menorah patients now have access to the latest medical advancements for oral cancer, tongue cancer, throat cancer, sleep apnea and more.
da Vinci® Surgery for Throat Cancer
The da Vinci® TransOral Robotic Surgery (TORS) is perhaps the most effective minimally invasive surgical treatment for diseases of the head and neck available today. The da Vinci® Surgical System allows the surgeon to provide the patient with procedures equivalent to traditional transoral surgery, but with the advantage of 3D, high-definition visualization of the laryngopharyngeal structures, and the precision and dexterity afforded by robotic instrumentation.
Da Vinci® Benefits for ENT/Throat Cancer Patients
- Avoids tracheotomy
- Avoidance of lip and chin scars in select cases
- Avoidance of combined chemotherapy and radiation in select cases
- Potential to improve swallowing
- Less blood loss
- Shorter hospital stay
- Faster recovery period
- Excellent cancer control
- Fewer complications after surgery
- No visible disfigurement or scarring