Volunteers Make a Difference at Menorah Medical Center
Thank you for your interest in volunteering at $host.facilityNam. As a Menorah volunteer, you will join a group of compassionate individuals dedicated to serving the patients and visitors who walk through our doors each day.
Who are Menorah Volunteers?
Our volunteers represent neighborhoods throughout Overland Park, and possess a variety of skills and abilities that make them wonderful assets to Menorah. Ranging in age from 18 to 91, volunteers are friendly, helpful individuals dedicated to providing superior customer service.
How Do I Get Started?
All applicants must be at least 18 years of age and the first step to becoming a volunteer is to click on the Volunteer Registration link below and complete the application form. The application and a letter of recommendation, may be mailed to Menorah Medical Center or may be emailed to MEMC.Volunteer@hcamidwest.com. After review of your application, you will be contacted to further discuss available opportunities.
What are the Requirements?
- Complete the application and interview process.
- Submit to a background check and TB test, have current immunizations and complete hospital training.
- Volunteering is an ongoing commitment. Volunteers must be able to commit to one shift from 8 a.m. to noon or noon to 4 p.m. each week.
- Volunteers wear a uniform with a volunteer ID picture badge. Volunteers have the option of wearing a Menorah volunteer vest or a Menorah volunteer polo shirt.
- Volunteers are required to record their hours electronically.
What is the Attendance/Substitute Policy?
As a volunteer, Menorah Medical Center expects that you will be available for your assigned shift. Your department will depend on you and if you are out of town or unavailable, we ask that you secure your substitute. If you have an emergency and are unable to cover your shift, we ask that you contact your assigned department to report an absence.
We are excited you have taken the first step toward becoming a part of our team!